Pages

Sunday 17 June 2012

Gooey Chocolate Cake

After a week or two off I'm back this week with a recipe from Donal Skehan's new book.I had only returned from holidays a day or two and was craving something sweet yet simple to make.I spotted this recipe and was immediately persuaded to make it when I saw that the method pretty much involved dumping everything into a bowl and mixing with a spoon - simple!The ingredients are those ingredients that are always lying around in the cupboard or fridge - eggs,butter,cocoa and flour.The recipe promises an almost brownie like cake and it doesn't disappoint.Once baked,I allowed the cake to cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the tin as I wanted to have it warm.A quick dusting of icing sugar and voila,the cake was ready.
The cake had a lovely smooth,fudgy interior with a crusty top.I served the cake in slices with a dollop of freshly whipped cream and some summer strawberries(it is summer after all).I got nothing but good reports back about this cake despite how uncomplicated it is.This cake proves that sometimes the simple things are the best.I also feel the both chocolate lovers and non-chocolate lovers alike will both like this cake.This is just one of many great recipes in Donal's new book so be sure to check it out if you haven't already!

1 comment:

  1. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to undertand.

    Jeera Shikanji Order Online

    ReplyDelete